9.21.2007

Sept Craft Night

Despite not being able to make it, I was happy to hear that craft night this month was a success. This is not the best picture, (it looks much better on my doorstep.) We made personalized doormats and although mine seems kind of generic it was a really easy craft. Just a coir mat, some tape, and spray paint and you can have it say whatever you want. Scott had some really good ideas for what our should say but I wont share those here. (Most of the girls did their last name.) Thanks so much to everyone that helped.

6 comments:

Anna said...

that is such a good idea, did you have stencils for the welcome part?

emilyy said...

I did the letters on the computer, cut them out and pinned them down and then spray painted the rug. I have all the measurements if you want them.

Anna said...

yeah, I think its a good idea for our super saturday, since I'm one of the ones in charge...!ahh

Annie said...

They turned out so cute! I'm very impressed. I'm sad to hear you couldn't make it though, you had planned so much. I'm sure everything went great though- they really are so cute.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Where did you get the blank rug??

I so want to try this!

Do you think regular painting stencils might work?

Vanessa said...

Hey Emily! Love the blog!!
I just wanted to say that this craft was so great! It was really pretty easy to do and turned out looking really professional. Thanks for the great craft! We really missed you there though!