1.17.2008

Cleveland ROCKS!!!

Well today was the day! The BIG day! The one we have been waiting for for what feels like forever! Today was MATCH DAY!!!! Well at least for us Optho people, and yes we are going to Case Western in CLEVELAND!!!!! After a not so restful night, we had to wait around all morning for "the phone call." It felt like we were the last ones to know, (because basically everyone else knew where they were going long before we did.) which of course did not go so well for our nerves. Over the past few months and weeks we have spent hours speculating on which program it would be....but for some reason Cleveland wasn't even on our radar. So I must say we were a little surprised. Not in a bad way, because we are thrilled that Scott matched and Scott really likes the program there. (I remember after his interview at Case it was one of his favorites.) So all in all we are very happy and relieved that it is over and we finally know where the next few years will take us. My sister-in-law Michelle said it best..."(We) were meant to be in Ohio for 8 years!!!!"

12 comments:

The Reed Family said...

Congrats on finally finding out! If he liked the program and he's getting the residency he wanted then I guess Ohio probably doesn't sound bad for another few years! And what a relief to finally know! I am so excited for you...talk to you soon

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

My sister would second the notion--Cleveland Rocks (that's where she served her mission)!! Fabulous news, you lucky early match people. Like we all have found out, Ohio is a GREAT place to live.

Michelle Y said...

So happy for you guys, so glad you are staying close to us! We can't wait to visit you guys in Cleveland.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Congrats! And brrr...don't get rid of the winter clothes just yet!

Katherine said...

Wow! I'm excited for you guys!

Jessica said...

We are so excited for you guys! What a huge relief to know were you are going. Congratulations to you both!

Letti said...

Congratulations Yeates. I was hoping that it was going to be Loma Linda.

Melanie said...

Congratulations Emily!!! I bet your so glad that done and over with! We will miss not having you in Buffalo though! Not that there was a huge chance of having you here, but you know what I mean!

emilyy said...

Mel- At least we will still be close.

theSwensenFamily said...

Congratulations you guys!! We are excited for you!

Sarah Lunt said...

Congratulations ( even though I just posted on your potty-training post)! Who knows, maybe you'll be here for more than 8 years...now that we've been here 7 it's going to be hard to leave.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

My brother is in dental school right now as Case in Cleveland. They will be moving next year out of their nice 4 bedroom duplex....when are you moving?