1.23.2008

Finally some progress

Of all the stages we have been through in Ethan's short 2 1/2 yrs of life I have to say that I rank potty training right up there with child birth. Despite my entire house smelling like bodily fluids my favorite moment of the week was when he pooped and then pushed it under a dresser to hide it from me. Coming in at a close second has to be when he peed in my floor vent. Lets just say it has been a frustrating week but we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He has almost gone 2 days with out any accidents (he did have one but it was more my fault than his) and we made it through our first diaper free outing today. I am so proud of my big boy. It makes me so happy to see him growing-up and even more happy to be getting this out of the way before the new baby comes.

12 comments:

Anna said...

more progress than little Max. He is finally acting a little interested. He's pooped twice in the toilet and peed once, but only when its his idea of course...it really sucks. Maybe he'll decide to do it before he's 3...probably not. He's got a few weeks till then. Cross your fingers!

emilyy said...

Anna-
Ethan wanted nothing to do with it until two weeks ago. Once he went for the first time with out a fight I decided to stay home and do nothing but potty train. I bet now that Max is showing interest he will pick it up pretty quick, but it's not like you have tons of free time with the new baby. Good Luck!

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

oh dear... that is what i have to look forward too, hiding poop! that's hilarous! how exciting that he's growing up! cleveland, that's so crazy... i'm excited for you

Darcy Patterson said...

that was my comments, not Shawn's!!!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

hey.. josh is almost three and we haven't even started! your stories don't get me excited though.. haha! anyways, good luck in cleveland.. i am sure our paths will cross then as i grew up in Gates Mills (it is the east side of cleveland.. a suburb of a suburb if you will). anyways, a ton of case westerners live in mayfield near there.

so, scott is going into ophthalmology?? that is awesome!! is he going to ascrs in chicago?? let us know if you guys make it out here. wms13@Hotmail.com

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

p.s. i am sure you have contacts in cleveland already but if you need a few names or ins for places to stay i have a few lds friends in the areas you might be interested in living.. GOOD LUCK!

The Reed Family said...

I agree wholeheartedly that potty training is probably the worst aspect of raising a child. Although I have heard so many times that girls are easier so maybe the second time around it will be better for you! And I think potty training before the baby was a brilliant idea. That is what we did with Carter and I was SO glad...one child in diapers is enough for me! Good luck!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

What great stories to hold over his head when he gets older! Sounds like you and Annie have had some fun times these last few weeks.

Letti said...

I love the hiding poop story...lol You do have something to look forward too though. Girls are much easier to train than boys.

Sarah Lunt said...

That is hilarious. I'm glad to hear that he's made such great progress though. I agree that potty training is the worst part of mothering--I told Darin that since I potty trained the girls, he has to do the boys. No, he hasn't signed the agreement yet. I think I would pay big bucks to have someone else do it next time. BTW, I just heard about Cleveland, congrats on that too! Give me a call, we need to chat before you have your baby.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

EM. Such cute nieces. I just wanted to say hi and tell you I can't wait to see this baby!! Congrats on Cleavland! That's exciting. A lot of good concerts up there! I too get to look forward to potty training! I will have you on speed dial soon calling and asking you questions and getting emotional support!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I am still laughing about Ethan peeing in the vents and trying to hide his accidents! That is hilarious! Give or take 6 months and I will be going through the whole potting training stage!