13 years ago
9.21.2008
BFF's
My little E has, like all Men/boys, been blessed with the talent of "selective hearing." I can be in another room practically whispering but if I mention ice cream or Thomas the Train something, he comes running. But why is it that when I'm two feet away telling him to take his hands out of his pants and stop scratching his butt he becomes temporarily hearing impaired? If you want to get me frustrated you just need to ignore me when I say something, and E has it down. So today, as I was doing dishes and M was screaming about her new teeth that are trying soooo hard to poke through, E had some hearing loss as I told him about 15 times to stop trying to break the blinds. He was obviously having way too much fun to stop. So for my sanity I sent him off for a little time out. After a min or two I went in to have a little heart-to-heart about why it's so important to listen to Mommy!!! (We have this talk at least once a day so he knows it well by now.) After I was done talking I gave him a hug and he looked at me and said, "YOU MY VERY BEST FRIEND." Well my heart just melted right out! Now that's the way to get some ice cream!!!! So either I have the sweetest little boy ever, or he's already learned exactly how to play me. I guess it's a little of both because he did end up getting a rather large scoop of Chocolate Turtle Treasure, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I just hope that he still loves me this much in 13 years, or at least still lets me buy his love with ice cream?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have had the exact same thing happen with Carter! And I totally feel the same way...I desperately hope that he still loves me this much when he gets older! THe teenage years scare me!! I am going to document him saying that I am his BFF on video and play it for him when he gets older so he never forgets!
That is the sweetest story ever! Seriously. I can't wait for such moments.
He's so funny and sweet. He definately deserved icecream after the BFF comment!
They are so funny at this age. Just so you know I finally got all of the paint off of my skin.
Post a Comment