12.09.2008

So HARD to wait...

I made this Advent Calendar to help count down the days until Christmas. I thought it would be fun for E... but now I think not so much? He asks ALL day long if he can have his calendar treat, even after he has gotten one for that day. I have caught him on several occasions with a chair trying to get at them. The calendar is hanging on a closet door by our stairs just taunting him as he passes, I think it might be too much for him to know there is candy in ALL of those tins just waiting to be enjoyed. He doesn't get the concept of "one a day" or even waiting for that matter....It's just too HARD!!!!! (I think I will wait until christmas eve before anything wrapped makes it under the tree.)
The Calendar is made of 24 little tins that I covered with paper, stamped a number on, and glued a magnet to the back. The title is vinyl lettering from allysattic, I put it all on a magnetic cookie sheet, tied on some ribbon, and taa-daa.
Each tin has a treat.
(a few random numbers are currently missing their treat)


I also recently made some ornaments for my tree....
Just a wood block some paint and vinyl letters. They were so easy and only cost around $1.25 ea
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Aren't you crafty! They are super cute idea's. I LOVE the xmas count down!

The Reed Family said...

they turned out really cute! I can't wait to get to my moms and see christmas decor then it will begin to feel alot more like christmas to me!

Ormeeheads said...

i love the calander! My kids also have a candy calender and it is rediculous with Lewie.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You cease to amaze! They are all adorable!

Jessica said...

I love the Tree ornaments, I might just have to copy those for my tree. :-)

Margo said...

I adore your Christmas stuff. So can I totally borrow some of your great creativity. Love the ornaments.

Anna said...

I like that christmas count down, Im going to have to make one of those someday! I like the Other tree danglies too, so crafty you!