Next time you fly on an airplane if you happen to get seated in front of a rambunctious 16mo. old that is really loud and kicks your seat constantly..... try to remember that the mother is probably doing everything she possibly can to keep the said child under control.
In no way should you ever turn around multiple times to give the mother a dirty look, nor should you say "there's a little too much kicking going on!" in a snotty tone.
If you can't control those actions and you do act in the described manner above, then under no circumstances should you try to be overly helpful to the mother and say how cute and how good the child was on the flight once the plane has landed. This will result in a pissed-off Mom to go with the sad crying kids!
7 comments:
Could not have said it better Emily! Isn't flying with kids fun :-)
It is a good thing that you never see those people again. . .hopefully.
Bad flight?
well said! although Idon't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut.
That sucks! My kids were in a tug-o-war over a necklace at a store and this lady was standing there saying "They're gonna break that!" I was trying to get Kylie in the cart and put my purse down and I just glared at the lady and said "THANKS!" I think she thought I was being rude, but I don't need a play by play of what my kids are doing!
I am sorry Emily. If I am ever on a flight without kids I try to reach out out to those that have them. People should know that they were kids once too.
This makes me even more nervous for my flight with my girls in a week. I'm not quite sure I will be able to contain myself if someone makes me mad, I'm feeling really sassy lately and I don't really want to get in a fight with anyone. Hopefully people on my flight read this post so they know to just ignore me and my children!
I am totally feeling your pain. We encountered a totally rude lady on our flight to Utah this summer. The nerve of some people.
Post a Comment