We've been in our new house for a week now and we are loving it!!!! It seems like it has been much loger than just a week, but the kids have been loving it and I'm glad everything is finally organized. I was amazed at how quickly it felt like home, but even the first day after we got all the basics in place I knew we were going to be happy here.
So my parents came out to help us with the move and let me just say...... They are AMAZING!!!! They got in last mon night, we packed the truck tues, and moved in to the new place on wed. Then they spent the next few days helping us get settled. My dad work pretty much every min he was here. Whether he was chasing the kids, scraping, sanding, screwing, hammering, painting, lifting, fixing, etc. He did about a years worth of projects in a few short days! Like I said amazing. And my mom as well. She is a master cleaner/organizer which was so great. We were basically all moved in by the end of the first day because she's so good at it.
Ethan really loves the new house. He loves having his own room and "his own bathroom" (that he shares with Molly) Last week I was asking him how he likes the new house and he said "Our new house is happy everyday we are here"


9 comments:
Happy New Home Emily. What an exciting first. Your Dad was telling us all about it at church. I can't wait to see inside pictures.
Wow, sounds like things are going really well and that the move went very smoothly. I love Ethan's comments--he is so sweet! Fun to have all the church history sites so close--you guys are going to be a popular destination spot again for all the fam and friends.
I am glad to see that you are doing so well. I hope that you post more pics of the new house. I am sure that it seems huge compared to Abbey church.
hope you are enjoying c-town. make sure you make a trip to schottensteins. (sp). it is a crazy "marshall's/tjmaxx" like store.
p.s. next time we are home, we will have to get together
hey i am so glad to hear that you guys made it ok....moving is a rollercoaster of emotions....but its great. call me when you have a free time to chat!!!
I am glad you guys are enjoying your new place. It sounds like you have great parents. That was really nice of them to help you guys move.
WOW! With the rate that you Dad was going packing the truck...I'm not surprised that you got all moved in so soon into your new home! Your parents are amazing!
Glad to hear that you love your new home! You are close to the church sites now! It's weird seeing everyone move and us stay for like another few years!
Thanks for the ice cream machine! We have used it twice already! :) yuummmm!!!!!! Ethan thinks it's the coolest! He stood by it most the time and kept saying, "MOM! SMELL THAT!! IT"S TURNING ICE CREAM!!!" Mmmmmm! Miss ya!
How I miss the Sorensons! I saw your mom and dad the other day, it was so nice seeing them. good luck with residency, we just got done with year one :)
I am exhausted for you, but so glad mom and dad helped. I wish we could have been there to help:)
Post a Comment