9.07.2009

Air Show

Saturday we went to the Air Show in downtown Cleveland. Now I know that might sound a little sketchy to those of you that know Cleveland, I admit I didn't quite know what to expect either???? I was however pleasantly surprised! We watched the Air show from the perfect spot. On a big grass field at the Great Lakes Science Center, right in between the Brown's football stadium and the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame, and right on the Lake.
From this point of view Cleveland looks like a Beautifully clean city..... who woulda thunk? (Just so you know we are going to bring any visitors we may get here first.)
Anyways it was a perfect day!!!! We had great weather, the kids had a blast running around on the grass and watching all the planes, and it felt like we had front row seats to the show without having to pay for them (minus what we paid to park)
The kids loved seeing all the cool airplanes, jets, helicopters, sky divers, etc. Ethan was really into it and loved every min. of it. He was especially happy that it wasn't "too loud" like the trucks at the Monster truck rally....... ......that is until the "BLUE ANGLES" showed up to preform at the end of the show.
At first he just covered his ears. Then after a little while I looked around and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. I almost got to the point of freaking out when I spotted something under a chair.
And this is how he remained until it was over. At least when it was time to leave we didn't have to fight about it! He was more than willing. For everyone else that actually watched the "Blue Angles", they were really cool. Maybe next year he will like it more?

3 comments:

The Reed Family said...

That's really funny! The Blue Angels are the best part...not that I've seen it in person...just on youtube. My boys would love an airshow! They get excited everytime they see a plane at the airport!
And is it just me or does molly seem so grownup! Is she in like the 90% for height! I bet she's taller than Hunter! What a cute little girl!

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun. Poor Ethan. . .that looks like something Seth would do. I bet he will love it next year. :-)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So fun--we love the air show as well. Looks like perfect seats! The Blue Angles are really cool but super loud, we got a kick out of Ethan hiding under the chair.