Today while we were playing outside (in between rain storms) the UPS man brought us a really BIG package from my mom that we weren't expecting! The kids and I opened it up to discover that it was full of BABIES!!!!!! Oh Molly just couldn't contain her excitement! She just kept saying "baby" over and over.....it was so cute! For those of you that don't know she is absolutely obsessed with babies...preferably real ones but if none of those are around then a plastic one does just fine.
These were not just any babies though. These were all my old babies from when I was little that my mom had saved for me. She thought they would get some good use at my house rather than in her storage. They were a little dirty and a few looked kind-of creepy but we got them all washed up and ready for LOTS of slobber kisses.
The box was also full of doll clothes, half of which my mom sewed herself when I was little, also blankets and a cloth bassinet that was made by my mom too! It brought back so many memories.
This is a picture of me with one of the dolls that is now Molly's. I got her on Christmas and my mom always talks about how that was her most favorite Christmas. (if you notice in the picture me and the cabbage patch are matching.... so cute!)
My favorite thing I found in the package were the matching aprons that my mom made for the two of us. There is a really cute picture of me making cookies in this apron when I was little but I couldn't find it. But I got really excited when I saw this cause I LOVED this apron. I always felt so special when I got to wear it and help in the kitchen.
Ethan had fun helping us pull everything out of the box and was happy when he found something he could claim as his own. We named him fuzzy blue and he thinks his crazy hair is pretty funny. He was a little confused and asked me why HE was wearing "girl pajamas"? Good question? He said "Boys don't wear pink pajamas!" Maybe I can dye them. But we all had a fun afternoon playing with all the new babies.
THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!!!!!
7 comments:
I'm glad you got the package and Molly will now get to enjoy them... you have to give credit to Aunt Lana for the aprons.. she made them, and the paperdolls, love Mom
oh foxy roxy does it again...that is so dang cute. You are lucky to have a mom that could sew so well. what a fun surprise to not only get a package but one that was full of dollies..thats awesome. mackenzie would have liked that too.
I don't know if you recall a certain other doll that ended up in my possession...ratfink, I think that he would end up scary your kids though :)
how fun! I had a cabbage patch doll that matched a dress of mine too!
Brie is in love with babies too. What a neat surprise from your Mom!
I love the vintage toys. My boygs love going to my moms...she saved tone of the old fisher price little people and dolls, and star wars toys from 20 years ago! Molly must have thought it was raining babies today!
What a neat package to get in the mail. Your mom is very sweet to keep all of these and to send them to Molly. I LOVE the aprons!
Post a Comment