So I must say that, to my surprise, having three kids has been a lot easier than I expected. That is not to say that I haven't had some moments where I've questioned my decision to ever have kids, because I have had those "moments" (always in relation to child #1 or #2) But all in all it has been a pretty smooth transition. But it does take me a lot longer to do things than it used to and sometimes I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. So naturally with a new baby somethings have to take a backseat, like cleaning my house, or blogging. I have been working on this post for three days now, and I have decided that it's not worth trying to update more than once a month. So here is my monthly update.
Mitch is growing like a weed and just as sweet as ever. He is a good sleeper, a good eater, and loves to grunt. He makes the funniest noises and sometimes we think he sounds like a goat. I even love to hear his cry, it is so cute. He makes some pretty cute faces too. He usually has a serious look or a concerned look on his face when he is awake. Probably because he is always hearing his sisters high-pitched screams all day long. But whenever he first falls asleep he will start to smile. I wonder if he is thinking
"finally some peace." Both Ethan and Molly have been great with him and love him so much. Actually we all love having him in our home and in our family.
1.jpg)
Molly likes to makes sure he is never alone. Mitch always has a "friend" or two right by his side. She also likes to make sure he always has a blanket to cover his toes.
As for the other two we have just been trying to beat the heat with our backyard pool, hose, slip n' slide, and sprinklers. It's safe to say that if we are outside we are playing in water. On lucky days when Dad is home we usually hit the beach, which has become both Ethan and Molly's favorite thing to do. In the winter time I am always so thankful for our basement, but this summer we have loved it just as much since we are spending more time inside than usual.
2.jpg)
The Pea Jungle
Scott has developed quite a green thumb this year and we have been loving our garden. Our peas climb higher and higher everyday and they are so good. (this picture was take over a week ago. The peas have almost grown as high as our garage.)
This picture is kinda blurry but I love it anyways. It has all my favorite people in it. I was a bad wife this year and didn't do anything special for Father's Day. But my kids are pretty lucky to have such a great Dad. He has been such a huge help the last few months with everything, and I want him to know that we love him so much.
the kids Slip slidin'
4 comments:
you have such an adorable little family em! -jen
Somedays I feel like I am barely making it with 2 kids, so way to go with all you are doing! Good to hear that three kids is going so smoothly for you guys! I hear ya, I am right there with you on the blogging thing...once a month sounds good!! Glad you were able to take your trip to NY--how fun. I love how Molly takes such good care of Mitch making sure he is not alone and plenty warm:).
So fun to see pics of your little Mitch and the rest of the Yeates gang! What a cutie that little guy is! Already looks like your other two kids! Wow! You have such cute kids! Congrats! Hope you are hanging in there with three kids!
your kiddos are so cute. I think it is so cute that Molly put her babies with Mitch.
Post a Comment