2.01.2011

File Folders

Call me crazy, but for some reason I keep making more of these things. And every time I ask myself the same question..."Why am I doing this?" Making a file folder game is VERY, VERY, VERY time consuming, and all the cutting gets pretty annoying. So I'm not sure why I keep making them? It's probably because my kids have so much fun playing with them, and maybe because I secretly like to color.

I started by making a few of them last year in the fall and they have been well used and loved. These folder game are perfect for church. So a few months ago I decided to make some more. And then a few weeks ago I did it again. I really didn't realize that we had so many until I took this picture. 20 to be exact! It's a little out of control. But it makes me feel a little better that my kids actually play with them, a lot! So I guess it was worth it.

This is my latest creation.

I wanted to make some paper dolls for Molly (found here) but I figured they would be trashed in a day, so decided turn it into a file folder game. When it was time to put the dolls into the folder they seemed too small so I created a scenery for them out of an old calendar and some scraps. I think I went a little overboard but Molly LOVES it! I keep saying that I'm not going to make anymore, but honestly I probably will, cause even though it's a pain they are kind of fun to do. So if you want to spend every night coloring, cutting, laminating, and cutting again go here, your kids will love it.

Here are some other ones I have made:

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I love how many you have. :) They really are so cute though, and what a great and quiet idea for church. I am also with you, I love to color!

Malinovka said...

Wow--they look so good! Do you use templates, or do you always design your own like the paper dolls? (SO cute!) I'd love to make some, even if I'll end up saying I'll never do it again! :)

The Reed Family said...

holy moly! you have something i like to call patience! I bet the kids love it!!

jen said...

this is exactly what i've been looking for! thank you, thank you. i even checked the church book store ...you could seriously sell these...too cute!