2.25.2011

Stay-cation Blizzard

Who ever thought that staying home for your vacation week, in Cleveland, in FEBRUARY, was a good idea?? We started and finished the week with snow storms! Yay! We have spent the majority of the week snowed in and wishing we were on a beach somewhere. But we are not so we have been trying to make the most of it. Last weekend we tried to take a last min trip to see friends in Detroit, but the blizzard/ice storm said no! Thankfully we still made it to Great Wolf Lodge in the middle of the week. The kids had a blast and swam the entire time! It was so fun and all three were completely worn out by the time we got home.

I finished painting/organizing our office. I love the outcome, and the kids have been having fun playing in there again.

Today was another Blizzard!!! So what else could we do but turn the living room into a giant blanket tent, complete with books and popcorn. It was pretty fun and it was big enough for all five of us to get in. Mitch especially loved crawling around in it. And surprisingly it still hasn't gotten knocked down. So, although I don't think we will plan a vacation week in Feb again, unless we plan on going somewhere warm, it was still a nice break. And the kids and I still really loved having dad home for a week. You can't beat that.

1 comment:

Michelle Y said...

Emily, I love how the office turned out! Good job. Looks like you guys had a fun time at Great Wolf Lodge, we definately miss doing that with you guys. Hope to see you all soon!