2.17.2011

Project mode

So Scott has been gone for the past week and just got back today. I don't know about you but when my husband is gone I always go into crazy project/crafting mode. I think it might be because I can't sleep when he's gone so I need something to keep me busy. So this past week I've been doing a lot of painting and crafting, but not very much sleeping.
I painted our office:
this is a before picture of our office/kids coloring room.

I wanted to turn one of the walls into a magnet wall so I used magnetic paint and did that first. You have to do like 5 coats before the magnets will stick but it dries really fast so it wasn't too bad. But since the magnetic paint is only a primer you have to put a top coat on. I thought it would look dumb to just have one section painted so I painted the whole room.

But then I had to paint all the ugly trim too so it would match. So this is where I'm at.

I really wanted to have it all done before he got back, and I probably would have, but then all my kids got sick and that kind-of put a cramp in my painting. But I really like the way it looks and I LOVE having a whole wall for magnets. Now I can re-claim my fridge.

I also finished all my Valentine crafts, just in time for LOVE day to be over :) But I think I will leave them out for the rest of the month.

And I discovered a new way of making felt flowers. I call it the "Fan Flower." I love using felt because you really can do anything with it. Here are the steps to make a fan flower.

In the picture it shows like 8 humps but I think 5 or 6 work best. It is a much easier way instead of cutting out individual petals.
We also decorated Valentines cookies. Can you guess who made each one?

Surprisingly it has been a good week. My house is a disaster, and we have been eating breakfast or lunch for every meal, but now that Daddy is home again things can get back to normal. And hopefully I can catch up on my sleep.

Also the weather has turned pretty nice like 40's-50's which after having -5 feels almost like summer. We played outside all morning and almost all the snow is gone. So now I have major "spring fever" and feel like I want to clean everything.

6 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Looks great Em.... you have been busy! You can come paint my house! Love Mom

Evaly said...

Very cute! You are ambitious to paint by yourself. We are keeping our valentines stuff up all month too :)

The Reed Family said...

cute emily! I'm glad you had a fun week! ok and my good friend from here in PR is hoping to match at the cleveland clinic...is that where scott is??? anyway, cleveland is their #1 so hopefully they will get it, and I thought you might have some pointers for her on places to live and such. they find out in a couple weeks if they match there

Ryan said...

LOVE the Valentine's heart wreath you made. Cutest thing ever. Great idea on the magnetic paint too. I want to see a pic of the whole room completed. :)

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Darling! I love the huge red felt heart!! Way to go on all the painting--you are the woman.

H.Cook said...

wow, you are one, creative, talented girl!!