5.10.2011

i DON'T sew

If you know me then you know that I do not sew. That has always been my mothers job! Up until a few months ago I was actually terrified of sewing machines. I never learned how to use one, and despite everyone always making it sound like it's "So Easy," I have always been to afraid to try it out. So anyways last year my mom got me a machine for Christmas and I finally got around to taking it out of the box and figuring it out.......


And I made this Monkey!





I think he turned out so cute and I can't wait to give it to Mitch for his Birthday next week.
I got the pattern online and even altered it to make it boy! Impressive right? Seriously not to brag, but I'm pretty excited that I made this and proud of my newly learned skill. I kinda feel like I can make anything now :) haha



This monkey really was so easy to make and it was a lot of fun. Only problem is that now my "craft-to-do list" is gonna get a lot longer.

7 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

It turned out soooo cute and I am soooo proud of you!! You can do anything you put your mind to! Way to go. Love Mom

Letti said...

Good job! I know the basics of sewing and I don't even think I can make a monkey that cute. Mitch is going to love it! I think you will probably be needing to make one for Molly too.

emilyy said...

Thanks Letti
The name of the monkey is actually the "Molly Monkey" so I think she needs one. and it is seriously so easy the pattern is really helpful.

ty and megs said...

hooray for your sewing skills! it turned out darling!

Evaly said...

Super cute! I remember your mom sewing a lot, I bet she could turn you into a pro :)

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Cutest thing I ever saw! Love it!

Jessica said...

great job! I am with you on the non-sewing thing. You give me hope :)