The other day I was trying to get E to do something and he was not listening (what else is new.) I don't even remember what it was about, but in an effort to get his attention I said to him, "if you don't start listening to Mommy I'm going to call SANTA and tell him you're being naughty." Now, I remember this working very well for me as a child so I thought I would give it a shot, hoping I could use it all the way up to the big day. But after threatening twice to call the big man, E looked at me and said, "Umm, how bout we just call Santa and say Happy Birthday." I had to laugh. I guess phoning Santa just isn't a big enough threat. He actually really likes the idea and asks everyday now if we can call Santa on the phone. Maybe instead I should try the old tie Santa up on Christmas eve story, in honor of Grandpa Stan of course. Just kidding, I'm not looking to scar him for life. (My grandpa really did that and we went to bed crying every Christmas eve. aaahhhh memories.)
1 comment:
that's funny... i don't remember that, but my mom has fond memories of that as a child!! good ol' grandpa!!! :) i miss him... i think i have a little of that in me, i get so much joy out of taking ory down the aisle where they have the talking/moving toys... he freaks and i can't stop laughing!! :)
Post a Comment