1.26.2009

CHURROS

We made Churros for family night tonight and they were so easy and seriously delicious.
I just bought some Pillsbury crescent rolls, (I was going to get the Pillsbury Breadsticks but they were twice as much) I rolled them up, stretched and twisted* them, fried in some oil (sounds healthy right) until they are pretty brown, making sure they are cooked through, (this doesn't take long) and rolled them in cinnamon and sugar. It was so fast and easy and E LOVED them.
* When rolling the dough make sure that it's not too thick in one spot or they will be doughy inside.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I might have to try these.

Ormeeheads said...

Yum and easy!

Letti said...

I am going to have to make these I love churros. Yum.

Jen Holtkamp said...

yum those look good...reminds me of that good mexican food in southern CA. mexican food out east just isn't the same!

emilyy said...

What mexican food out east?

Jen Holtkamp said...

ha, ha. the only i've seen is 'senor pepino'...oh yeah, and taco bell ha, ha

Michelle Y said...

These look yummy, we'll have to give them a try. Craft group went really well, by the way. Thanks for all the input beforehand.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

That sounds like heaven on earth...yummy!