2.02.2009

there is BEAUTY

It's no secret that I'm not a huge fan of winter. I'm a warm weather kind of girl and I'm pretty sure I always will be. (I usually begin the countdown to Spring as soon as Christmas is over.) But lately I've been trying to notice the beauty of the present, and although the freezing temps make it harder to recognize, it's there. Even though I wont shed a tear when the last bit of snow finally melts away, I know that without Winter I would not have such a great love and appreciation for Spring. It is such an amazing feeling to feel the warmth and see nature bloom again. I am still counting down the long days, but this year I'm just trying to feel a bit more positive.




7 comments:

The Sorensen Family said...

Those are some beautiful pics. Little jealous actually of the snow.

Letti said...

I am with you. I guess it's not that I don't like the winter but I don't like the snow. Living in Southern California has me spoiled. Your pictures are beautiful.

Aaron and Jessie said...

Hey I didn't even know you had a blog, so it was fun to see all the recent pictures and hear what you're up to. I totally agree with you on the warm weather thing, so I've been enjoying this winter down in AZ. Although I must admit everyone's snow pictures do look fun.

Unknown said...

very cute family Emily!
David wants to move to Utah someday. He love the snow too, but thats just way to cold for me.
I'm more of a fall girl...I love my boots!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Well maybe you just needed to change you attitude, because this week it is beautiful and warm...woohoo!

april said...

Emily, your comment on my blog (muffin top) had me laughin' so hard! You're a riot! Your family is so cute. How much longer in that cold state you're in? Then where?

jen said...

i'm like you too. living in utah was cold enough for me. although you're right, the snow is absolutely beautiful. great pictures, adorable family.