4.06.2009

Oh how quickly they learn

So after only 3 mo. of primary E has already learned all the "right" answers. When ever we drive home from church I always ask him to tell me what he learned about in his class. His answer always used to be... "Um, I don't know."
Well a few weeks ago when I asked him what he learned in church he said, "I learned about Jesus, Joseph Smith, and the Holy Ghost." This has since become his answer for every church related question I ask him. Yesterday after Conference while we were eating dinner,
I said: "E what did you learn today?"
E "I don't know"
Me "Did you listen?"
E "NO"
Me "Can you remember anything that was said?"
E " Uuuuh, Holy Ghost!"
The look on his face was absolutely priceless because you could tell he just pulled it out of no where and was hoping I would say he was right.
I had to laugh, how do they pick up on this kindda stuff so quickly?

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is hilarious and he did learn quickly.

The Reed Family said...

Carter's answers are usually...Jesus, Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost! I laugh about it too; how so young they learn the 'sunday school' answers. Although I really do think they listen more than we think!