3.16.2008

GREEN


In Celebration of St. Patrick's Day we had a GREEN breakfast this morning. My dad would always make us a green breakfast on St. Patrick's Day and I really liked it when I was a kid, so I thought I would carry on the tradition. We had green eggs, green waffles, and even green milk. Ethan helped of course and he really liked turning the waffles green. I don't think he fully understood the concept though, because when it came time to color the eggs he wanted them to be blue and he really wanted the milk to be purple AND red! (is that possible?) But once it was all done and he was eating it there were no more complaints about color. I learned that for a 2 year old everything tastes better when it's green. For the rest of the day he has been asking me to turn all his food green and he now only wants green milk. In order to conserve my food coloring I was able to successfully convince him that white milk is still yummy. It was really fun and apparently we have a new tradition that we will have to do every year in celebration of St. Patrick's Day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun, you are such a great mom!!

Annie said...

Such a great idea. I am looking at Julia right now and I see that she isn't wearing any green at all! Maybe I'll steal your idea for dinner and turn her milk green. Julia is so unadventurous though I'm sure she won't drink it. What a fun idea though!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You are the most creative person in the world! I wish you were my mom!! Keep sending your ideas!! LOVE THEM!