3.20.2008

Match Day..... Round TWO

Today was the big match day!!! And Riverside Hospital, right here in C-bus is where we matched. YEAH!!!! Kind of a bit anti-climatic for us (since we were the lucky ones who found out two months ago where we are going for residency) but still exciting. We still got to be included in all the fun festivities and celebrations though because we matched for our transitional year today. At Ohio St they have a big assembly where they give all the med students an envelope containing their fate for the next 4 years and they make everyone wait to open them all at the same time. I was actually more excited to hear where all of our friends were going since we had a pretty good idea we would be sticking around here for this next year. I am so happy and excited for everyone that matched! Congratulations to all!
As happy and exciting as today was for everyone, it is also a bit sad. Over these last four years we have been fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and I am going to be very sad when everyone moves away. We have had such a great time out here all through med school and it is strange to think that it's almost over. We are really going to miss everyone!!! (Luckily a few of our friends matched in Columbus so we don't have to say goodbye to everyone just yet.)
Okay, this is a really random picture but it is too funny not to post. After we got home from all the parties today the sun was still shinning and it was like 45 deg!!! Which in the words of Jessica Olsen, "40 is the new 80" (at least for us northerners that have had a long winter.)
Anyways it was pretty nice out so of course we had to play outside and this is the outfit that Ethan came up with, all by himself. He found those awesome glasses earlier in the day and would not take them off. He loves that they are heart shaped and rockin' one lens. I just couldn't stop laughing at how funny he looked in them.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I was thinking about you guys today. Yeah Riverside!! So happy for you !! And I love that picture of Ethan, so funny:-)

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS! OH..... IO!

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited that you guys were able to match where you were hoping to match. I'm also really happy that you guys will be around a little longer, are you going to stay in Abbey Church? I LOVE the picture of little Ethan, those glasses are hilarious! I am so excited for you guys, you seem to have so many wonderful events to look forward to. I am also anxious to see your little newborn!!!

Our Sweet Life said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you matched in Ohio.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Congrats!! Got to LOVE Riverside!!! I got a little sentimental! Little Ethan is to die for! I also love as always your cute letters of spring! You should start selling them to me!! Love ya and hioe all is well!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Where did everyone else match?

I hope that little one flips for you, although a c-section isn't the end of the world.

Margo said...

I forgot to tell you today, how excited we are you guys are here one more year. Wahoo for us.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

I love Ethan in those killer shades--too funny. It will be fun to stay here with so many friends sticking around as well. Good luck with the c-section tomorrow.

The Reed Family said...

Ok so tomorrow is the big day!! I can't wait to hear all the details and see the new baby herself! by the way have you guys picked a name or are you waiting until she's born? Anyway, good luck tomorrow and I know I'll see pictures soon (probably before I ever see Trisha's baby :) I was supposed to go last weekend but it didn't happen! ) so get some rest while you can today and good luck! We love you and will be thinking of you!