7.14.2008

Happy Birthday to you.....

Ethan turned 3 today and we had so much fun celebrating. For the last few weeks every time we've talked about his upcoming birthday he always said "I want balloons Mom." So balloons is what he got. I blew up balloons the night before until I thought I was going to pass out, but it was worth it because he loved it! He spent all morning kicking and throwing them around the house and eventually popping each and everyone.
For breakfast we had waffles and apple juice, which happens to be Ethan's fav. While we were eating I said to him in my most excited voice,
"Ethan you turned 3 today!!"
He looked at me with a very serious look on his face and said,
"Yeah, I'm big now. I growed up."
I of course laughed but was also a little sad inside because it's true. My little boy is growing up.

He was very excited about his presents and it was soooo hard for him to wait for Dad to get home to open them.

We spent the afternoon at the Zoo
Ethan really wanted to go on some rides but is still too short for most. He did like riding on the spinning cars, Scott on the other hand was wishing I had gone instead.

I made a Lightning McQueen cake for him. It took me over an hour to frost, but I think it turned out okay.
Blowing out the candles.
Ethan liked it so much we did it three times.

Finally getting to open his presents.
When they were all opened Ethan said, "I want more presents."
His big present this year was a big boy Bike.
Now we just need to teach him to ride it.

12 comments:

Letti said...

Ethan sure had a fun day on his birthday. You did a great job on the cake too.

Mimi Crisenberry said...

Wow, Em, that cake looks like a pro did it. When we were roomies I had no idea how artsy and talented you were, but seeing your crafts and your cake I am definitely seeing the talent. I can't believe how old Ethan is looking now too, it is crazy how they just turn into little boys!

The Sorensen Family said...

A+ on the cake. could you whip me up a sleeping beauty cake for Joce's b-day Ha Ha. It makes me sad to that he is already 3. Happy birthday Ethan we love you.

The Alands said...

Happy birthday Ethan! What a cool bike! Molly looks so much like Ethan as a baby.

Michelle Y said...

The cake turned out awesome! So glad he had a great birthday, love the new bike.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Tons of balloons--what more could he ask for! Your cake looked great, you are really ambitious to take Lightning McQueen on. Sounds like it was a fun day!!

The NC Merrill's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN! What a big boy you are! We can't wait to see you...maybe your mom will have to bring you down here. :)

Brandon and Jana said...

Hey Ethan - Jack wants to wish you a happy birthday and is very jealous. He thinks his birthday is every Sunday and is severely disappointed on Sunday when there is no cake or presents. We hope you had a great day and miss you guys!! Jana

Jason and Sarah Nelson said...

Okay, that cake is incredible!!! How did you do that! I love seeing all these pictures, they are so adorable. Oh, I've been meaning to ask you, how do you make those collages of pictures like you do on your blog? I think they are so awesome, and I can't figure out how to do it!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Happy BDay Ethan!! I can't believe he is 3!! Balloons are the best!

Jen said...

What a fun birthday! I'm VERY impressed with the cake. Ethan and Molly are adorable. Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Cammie said...

Happy birthday to Ethan! Fantastic cake!