7.25.2008

Love tag



Okay so I have actually been tagged like 5 times in the last few months, and I really have had every intention of posting them, I just never got around to it. But yesterday my cousin tagged me with this one and conveniently, it just so happens to be our FIVE year anniversary TODAY!!!! so I thought it would be appropriate to actually do this one. So in honor of our half decade together here goes...

1. Where did you and your husband meet?
We actually meet at the State Mental Hospital in Provo Ut. in Aug of 2002. I was a cute little volunteer for the physical therapy dept. and he worked there as an aid. Now if you are thinking that it sounds like a weird place to meet someone, you would be right. It actually wasn't until I saw him outside of the hospital for the first time that I started to like him and wanted to get to know him better. Not that I didn't like him when we first met, it's just the hospital wasn't exactly the best place to find a date.

2. First thing said?
I honestly don't remember probably just standard intro. I do remember that he was really funny and always had me and the patients laughing. I thought he was a really nice guy right from the start.

3. First date?
Once I started liking him I tried to get him to ask me out, but like I said the hospital was not the ideal place for flirting. So I got into a class with him the next semester that was in Salt Lake so we started carpooling up there together. Our first date was over President's weekend in January at a friends cabin in Park City. It was actually the Sundance film festival that weekend, so we walked around in the freezing cold trying to spot celebs and wanting to hold hands but the over-sized ski gloves we were both wearing made it difficult. It was a really fun night and we actually saw Ben Affleck going into one of the bars.

4. First kiss?
Our first kiss just happened to be on our first date at the Park City cabin. It was (and is) the best first kiss I've ever had.

5. When "I Love You's" were first said:
A few days before Valentines Day. He said it first. I remember because I was going to say it on Valentine's but he beat me to it.

6. Long or short courtship/engagement?
I'd say it was short. We met in Aug., started dating in Jan., got engaged in May, and got married the end of July.

7. Where did you get engaged?
He sent me on a cute little scavenger hunt around town to special places that were significant to us in some way. At each spot he left a rose and a note telling me where to go next. The funny thing was that since his handwriting is so bad I had to keep calling him so I could figure out the clues. When I got to the last place it started raining and he was waiting for me with an umbrella and more roses. It was really sweet and I of course was crying.
(this is Scott at his parent's house after we got engaged.)

8. Where were you married?
San Diego, Ca. It was so beautiful.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?


We went to Vail Colorado. It was gorgeous and we had perfect weather the whole week. It was nice and relaxing.


10. Where did you make your first home?


We lived in this cute little number down on 200 so. in Provo. Don't let the picture fool you, that house was actually divided into three separate apartments. It was tiny but it worked for our first place.
So here we are...
5 years later
4 LOST wedding rings (All Scott's)
3 different places we've called Home
2 Beautiful Kids
One happy life together!!!

I Love You so much. Happy Anniversary!!!!

I now tag Foxy Roxy, Trev and Lex(I want both sides of the story), Cody& Jen (do it on the family blog) Melissa, and Mimi.

Tell us your love story.

11 comments:

The Sorensen Family said...

Wow the pressure I don't know if I can do near as good of job as you. I will work on it. You guys looked beautiful your wedding day and what is even more as impressive you look just as wonderful today. congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary!!! I will work on our story I may need a week or two to get it together (you know me HA HA). we love you guys.

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary.

Sorensen Family said...

we are so proud of you.... love Mom and Dad Sorensen....

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Ya'll are super cute. I love your wedding pics, they are beautiful. Your story is great...I was a little worried at 1st seeing that you met in a mental hospital, but I was glad to see you were volenteers not patients.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

how cute!! it was fun being around when your story begun... what a cute couple!! :)

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You are beautiful emily! I love your wedding dress! I also loved the picture of Scott the night you got engadged and your apartment! You guys are perfect together! What a great couple!!!

Mimi Crisenberry said...

That was so cute and fun to read, Em. You guys still look just as cute too. It was great to hear how everything got started. Here I am reading it and thinking, haha, I have never been tagged, and then you tagged me. Ok, I will try and get around to it too.

heather telford photography said...

happy anniversary guys!!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!
It is so fun to read about how you met.
Hope you guys did something fun to celebrate your five years together. :-)

Jessica said...

Whoops!! that above comment was from me. My little sister was signed in to blogger, i didn't realize it. :-)

jen said...

how sweet! you did such a good job and your family is so cute too. i'm glad you have a happy life...it's so refreshing to hear. you guys look so perfect together. happy anniversary!