10.21.2008

CA: week two


Mon & Wed were spent at the "HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH" also known as Disneyland. I don't know who was more excited, the kids or me? It was so much fun!!!! And really different. It's been over 8 yrs since I've been to Disneyland so a lot has changed. But we had such a blast and E was at the perfect age to appreciate it. He was tall enough to ride almost everything, and ride he did!!!!! Even Space Mt, Thunder Mt, & Splash Mt. After every ride we asked him if he liked it and he would say, "YES!" Then we would say, "do you want to go again?" To which he would always reply "NO!!"

We saw the PIXAR parade with all the characters and E was so excited that he got to see the REAL Lightning McQueen

The Haunted Mansion was by far his favorite of the whole day. It's pretty much the only one he asked to go on again. He also really liked Soarin' over California, the bumper cars in Bugs Life, and he even asked if he could go on the dark fast train ride again (Space Mt)

M got to go on all the little kid rides and her fav was NEMO

I loved going CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, especially since it was my first time. I loved CA Screamin', and the Tower of Terror, they were so much fun!! But Soarin' over CA was by far my favorite.

All the kids were so good. They had so much fun that we survived both days without any meltdowns, tantrums, or fits. Even the baby's were little angels. We couldn't have asked for a better trip.
We stayed basically from open to close both days (monday night until 11) so we had some pretty tired kids. Exhausted but Happy.



The rest of the trip was spent relaxing at the beach. The weather was absolutely wonderful, and if the water had been just a few degrees warmer it would have been perfect.



The kids had so much fun playing together that it was hard to say goodbye.


This collage captures M's progression to becoming one with SAND.
She began, a clean baby on a blanket playing with a toy(photo 1)
Curiosity got the best of her and she ventured off the blanket to touch, grab, and let slip through her fingers(photo 2)
First taste: Unsure what to think(3)
Starting to like it(4)
Really starting to like it(5&6)
Can't get enough(7)
Discovering wet sand(8)
Covered head to toe and loving it (9)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Rough vacation!! Wow, what a trip. Looks like so much fun at Disneyland and the beach--who could ask for anything more?! Funny pictures of Molly enjoying the sand.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Looks like so much fun! I am wishing we were there with you! I love the sand pics! The last ones are the best!!! Adorable fam!

Malinovka said...

What a FUN trip!! I'm dying to take my kids to Disneyland--maybe we'll go to Disneyworld on my birthday next year so I can get in free! :) Love your collages too. It's so fun to see Molly growing up!

The Reed Family said...

Don't you love always having CA as home base? I love being able to go back and visit! And I love Disneyland too, we might go for Christmas when we visit my family! I am glad you had such a good time! And good job taking lots of pictures

The Alands said...

I'm so sad we weren't there, looks like so much fun. Love all the pictures.

The Sorensen Family said...

Love all the pictures but I got to say I love molly and the sand the most. I just want to kiss her sandy little face. I am glad you had so much fun:)

The NC Merrill's said...

Looks like a fun trip! It's so fun to get together with family in a fun spot like Cali. Your pictures are so cute...I liked the Disney ones especially...we are going to Disneyworld in a couple of weeks (to which we've never been) and now I'm even more excited! Good to hear E was able to go on some big rides.

Michelle Y said...

Emily, looks like you guys had a great trip to CA. Glad you guys all had such a fun time!