12.14.2012

Christmas time in Charleston

There have been so many fun Christmas things to do here in Charleston.  And it doesn't hurt that the weather is so nice (most days).  I love that people are not afraid to say "Merry Christmas!" here.
The Christmas radio station here doesn't just play the same annoying Mariah Carey songs over and over again, but they play actual Christmas Hymns.  Even in the kids school, there are Christmas trees, and decorations, and they even sing Christmas songs at music time.  Now this might not seem like a big deal to you, but after being in Cleveland where you feel like you have to be SOO careful not to offend someone, it is a nice change.
  
 

Charleston "Palm" tree lighting
 
I finally broke down and gave this kid his "first" hair-cut.  I cried a little and miss his blonde curls, but he couldn't be happier with the new do.  He loves it, and I think he looks way too grown up now.

No comments: