12.14.2012

We had a Visitor

Grandma B came for a visit and we had so much fun showing her around town.

We went to Pitt St bridge one morning, which is one of our favorite places, and we saw dolphins swimming right under the bridge.  I have never seen Dolphins so close in the wild before, it was so neat.  They swam right underneath us and even though I was snapping away on my camera I couldn't get a very good picture :(
 
We went downtown to Market St. to do some Christmas shopping.  We got stopped at least 10 times by random people from Ohio because of the shirt Mitch had on.  Go Buckeyes!! (there are A LOT of people from OH here)
 
We went to the festival of lights which was AMAZING.  It was so much fun.  There was a darling carousel, the kids got to meet the real Santa, we went on a train ride through the enchanted light forest, and then roasted marshmallows to our hearts content.  And all this with no crowds and no waiting, it was FABULOUS.
 
 
We took Grandma to the aquarium.  This is Mitch with his buddy, the ring-tailed Lemur.   
On Saturday we went downtown again and took Grandma to Glazed.  They have the best Donuts I have ever tasted.  So So So Good.
 
Then we went on a carriage ride through downtown.  Mitch is still talking about the Horsey ride he went on and he has now become very obsessed with everything Horse related 
 
Pinnapple fountain in Waterfront park
 
Afternoon on the beach
 
Mt Pleasant Christmas Parade, with spectacular fireworks show.  It was even better than the forth of July.  Oh and notice how we are in Shorts with no Jackets.... It's December!  Crazy but I love it.  Although some days it does feel weird to listen to Christmas music with the AC blasting. 
Thanks for coming Grandma we had so much fun!!!

No comments: